Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Updates of all sorts!

"In life, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - a quote that my hubby insisted I start my new blog off with :-)

As much as I miss my old blog (mostly because of everyone I like to follow & all my old posts) this platform is so much better!

So, as I said before in A new season, a new me I will be making a few changes in my life to make for better living & a better me.  Very exciting stuff!  hehe...  And so far, so good!
I started eating better since yesterday.  I decided not to cut out starch completely, as Mom on the Run pointed out, that losing out on starch could make me moody & tired.  So instead I'm having much smaller portions & only have starch when I have to (not every single day! LOL).  I'm also drinking warm water & lemon juice in the mornings as well as having All-Bran.
I told hubby of this new plan of mine & he surprised me with a bottle of Herbex Slimmers drops - LOL.  Shamepies, I did ask for his support & I guess actions speak louder than words LOL.  But oh my, those drops are vile!  Enough to put you off eating period!  LOL  But I'm giving it a try so we'll see...
I got my skipping rope yesterday so tonight will be day one of working this lumpy bumpy body of mine.  Been a long time since I skipped so it's going to be interesting to see if I still can :-)
I also weighed myself so that I can keep track.  I just haven't measured - that's always tricky for me.  Do you measure above or below the hips?

Update on Lil D:
Friday night as promised we started sleep training (my way) in his own bed.  I was really prepared for the worst from the get-go.  A couple of months ago, Lil D's pead prescribed Vallergan (spelling?) to help him sleep.  I think we've only ever given it to him once or twice before when it was absolutely necessary & I know it really helped - knocked him out cold LOL.  But it's a schedule 5 medicine & I hate giving Lil D stuff to make him sleep so that's why it's still a full bottle.  Anyways, I figured that because Lil D was so out of his routine (going to bed after 9pm!) & then not sleeping through for so long, that I would give him a small dose of the meds on Friday night just to push him back into routine.  Well, needless to say he was passed out at 7:30pm.  I always freak out & keep checking his breathing especially because of the meds LOL.  But he was fine.  Put him in his bed & hoped for the best.  At 2am I heard the pitter patter of his feet coming into our room.  He wanted to climb into our bed but I picked him & took him back to his bed.  He still wanted to argue, but I said nothing, just laid him down.  I stood by his bed while he moaned & groaned for a few minutes & then it was choop-stil.  I waited till I heard "the sigh" (he always gives a sigh when he's in a deep sleep) which was literally 5 minutes later, & then I went back to bed.  Anticipating he would get up again, I didn't allow myself to fall into a deep.  Well, he only woke up at 6am & by then I felt like a zombie!  LOL  But the sun was up so I let him climb in with us & we dosed off till 8:30am.  Same thing happened on Saturday night except I didn't give him the meds.  And then he slept through on Sunday & last night!  Oh what bliss!!  He is such a champ!  I definately underestimated him & I'm so glad he proved me wrong with the dummy, bottle & now sleep :-) 

This was taken at Lunar's little princess (Layla's) birthday party :-)  My little biker boy xx

Anyways, I better get back to work.  Lots happening here but that's for another day, another post.

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Helllooo :)

    So glad the sleeping in his own bed thing went so well, it makes life so much easier. And I just adore that photo!

    Good luck with all the changes, its always tough but I know you can do it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new blog! Hey, the other platform was a lot to get used to. I'll keep popping in here, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really struggling with the old platform & now I seem to have found myself again on here - much better! :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh your new blog is so pretty :-)

    Well done to lil' D for handling all these growing up issues so well ... and what a stunning pic :-)

    Skipping is super hard work and a terrific way to get your heart pumping ... good luck with the new routine :-)

    I don't believe in giving up things totally ... just makes me want them more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you!
      I am so proud of him!
      Sjoe! Tell me about it! I tried it last night & thought I was going to die! LOL But at least I still remember how to skip! Will keep at it though :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Yay, hello on this side!!
    Good luck with your eating and exercise plan, sounds good!

    Definitely measure yourself... Often when the scale is standing still, you do still lose cm, so then it's nice to see that. For hips, i measure along my panty line, so then I know i'm measuring in the same place. I have two spots next to each other on my thigh, so then I use that as my 'marker' for thigh measurement.

    Yay for Lil D's improved sleeping!
    xx

    ReplyDelete