Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Long Weekend and all that jazz..

We had an awesome long weekend!  Friday night I took hubby & Lil D for dinner to celebrate hubby's birthday.  Saturday my domestic worker came in to clean up (she comes every 2nd or 3rd Saturday) & so the 3 of us went to walk around the mall & give her space to clean.  Sunday, my inlaws came for lunch & luckily didn't sleep over.  Was actually pleasant to have them over, for a change.  Yesterday was pajamas & dvd's for the 3 of us, and of course a nap or 2 :-)  Stunning weekend!  Spending quality time with my 2 favourite guys is such a treat for me :-)

Now back to reality today... blah!  One of which is that I fell off the healthy eating wagon, thanks to 2 weeks of birthday celebrations & too much stress.  I try so hard to keep control over my emotional eating but thanks to work & family stress, that's just been too difficult to manage over the last 2 weeks.  Just not fair...  And I was doing so well!  But no excuses, I'm back on the wagon & I'll keep persevering!
Another reality is work...  I'm still not sure if my position is secure or not.  Hubby works for a company that shares the factory with us & they are already moving out - so sad that I won't be able to glance over into his office & see him smiling back at me!  My work on the other hand cannot move yet pending negotiations with lawyers.  But I don't see a bright light at the end of this tunnel no matter how hard I try to be positive.  I have asked my boss to give me enough time should he need to let me go, so that I can find something else.  But somehow I'm wondering if I shouldn't start looking already...  I hate being in this situation!  I wish I could be my own boss!  But as always I'm trusting in God's plan here...

Enough of that...  Lil D has begun to use his imagination when playing.  It's so cute!  He'll get on his black bike & tell me he's going to the shop to get sweeties with money.  LOL  Then get drives to the kitchen, opens my tupper cupboard, makes as if he's "buying" sweets & drives back to me.  With his hands in a fist as if holding the sweets, I must open my hands so he can give them to me.  Then I must eat them & let him know if they were nice or not.  He even makes me open my mouth to check if I ate them!  LOL  He does this with play-play food & colddrinks too.  LOL  It's too cute for words! 
This morning he finds a small teddy of his... he cups it in his arms & tells me to "shoo, mommy.  Baba doodoo" and kisses it.  My heart just melts!  He is going to make such a good big brother one day :-)  NO I AM NOT PREGNANT lol...
Oh another thing he's come up with... whoever is naughty must go to the "noghty doner" (naughty corner)  So heaven help any of his toys that break or a stranger who looks at him or anything he might think is being naughty cause they get to sit in the corner!  LOL  Funniest of it all is the way he says it...  from an Afrikaans point of view the way he says "corner" sounds like "donner"!  We can't help but laugh!
Ah, I've said this a million times, but he really is the light of my life :-)

Anyways, hope you all had a good weekend & have an awesome week ahead!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. He sounds like such a cutie - big LOL @ the naughty 'donner'! :)
    Maybe start looking out for something else jobwise... just incase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update :-)

    D sounds as cute as ever! Munchkin also does that with the naughty chair ... she even tells us to go to the naughty chair when we upset her, and says we must wait there til she comes to fetch us :-)

    ReplyDelete