Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Skipping... tried it lately?

I just love my new blog :-)

Thanks to those who will still follow me on here :-)  I'll still keep an eye on those on the old platform.

So, I wanted to jot down why I changed the name of my blog to A Blessed Journey.  Well, that's what I feel that I am on!  Despite all the downs that I have been through & are currently going through, somehow I feel that it's all a blessing in disguise.  And the bad NEVER outweighs the good!  I have so much to be grateful for!  A wonderful, loving husband; a gorgeous son, a roof over my head & food in my tummy!  Material stuff doesn't matter because you can lose them in an instant, so why worry over them? 
So, I am on a "Blessed Journey" & I'm enjoying every moment of it!

Now for some funny... lol
Last night I tried out the skipping thing... well... needless to say, I can still skip!  BUT boy, am I unfit!  LOL  And not to mention a bit heavy on my feet!  LOL  Lil D was in the kitchen playing & I figured I give it a try in the lounge... well, it wasn't long before Lil D burst into tears from all the "thumping" he heard coming from the lounge!  LOL  I couldn't help but laugh because he was absolutely petrified from the sound I made jumping on the vinyl tiles (don't want to know what the downstairs neighbour thought I was doing LOL)!  But once he saw what I was doing he was fascinated & became my little ring-side supporter - cheering me on as I skipped.  LOL  "go mommy, go!"  LOL  Unfortunately, I only managed about 5 minutes before I gave up from exhuastion.  LOL  But I did enjoy it so I'll keep trying, even though I felt (& sounded) like a jumbo elephant skipping :-) 
I must just watch my ankles & knees cause I did feel a bit of strain on them... damn weight! lol

Oh yes!  Lil D is learning the national anthem at school :-)  We figured this out over the weekend, after struggling for 2 days to catch on to the tune.  It's adorable!  He can't say all the words & skips some too, but if we sing along then he catches on & sings at the top of his voice.  Sounds like they teaching it to them in parts so he's only learnt the first part... can't wait till he can sing the whole thing!  :-)

Anyways, let me be off...  Happy Hump Day!
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I was skipping before I got preggers ... it's super hard work. The first time I did it I also thought I was gonna die or at least pass out :-) Stick with it .... you'll be amazed how quickly you'll improve!

    So sweet about the anthem :-)

    I must say ... seeing how lovely yours, Lunar's and Jess's blogs look on this platform I am really really tempted to create one as well. Wonder if we can copy/move all our old posts so everything is in one place???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hopefully I'll get the results I want from the skipping :-)
      I'm loving this platform! You won't be sorry :-) I doubt you can move your old post onto here - pity that... but that's one of the reasons why I kept the old account.

      Delete
  2. Hee Hee - I think If I had to try skipping I would most likely break something. :-) I'm also starting a blog here now - can't bear the platform on parent24. Sad, hey! But we've given it our best shot. Sjoe! Love Lynda from the Madd House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      You won't regret it :-) This platform is very user friendly... Enjoy creating it!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Well done to you! Skipping is hard, and I certainly wouldn't make 5 minutes of it ;)

    ReplyDelete