Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Motivation... and randoms...

There are a few things that are getting me down at the moment, but I'm choosing not to moan about them...  what's the point in moaning, right?

Anyways, the eating plan is still going strong :-)  And exercise is back on track.  On Monday I managed to do about 10 minutes of skipping & 10 minutes of crunches & leg raises (& yes I did stretch).  All this while I had food on the stove lol.  I know that 20min is not enough but it's better than nothing I suppose.  Lil D found it quite amusing & starting exercising with me lol.  He can be such a bundle of cuteness at the best of times!  So tonight it's skipping, lunges & arm raises :-)  Slowly but surely, I WILL GET THERE!  And my motivation:
This was me at my 18th birthday party :-)

Ok ok, so I will never look like this again, thanks to age & child-bearing hips, BUT I'd like to be as close to it as possible.  I've put this up on my fridge as motivation :-)

Well, today is the first day in a long time that all my work is up to date & I have nothing to do.  I wish I could have stayed home!  I could do with some "me time"...  But with everything going on, I wouldn't dare ask for some time off...  Story of my life...

Good news... Lil D is apprently sitting on the toilet at school!  They have these miniture versions of a standard toilet - very cute.  Anyways, for a few days he's been terrified of it & then on Monday he actually sat on it!  He didn't do anything but it's a step closer.  At home he's more comfortable with his potty, but I'm hoping he'll get a liking to the toilet if it has one of those seats on for him.  I'm not keen on cleaning a potty!  But he now takes off ALL his clothes & makes me take off his nappy so he can sit on the potty before he baths.  He hasn't done anything in it yet & I'm not forcing the issue.  But one step at a time :-)

Something funny... a while ago hubby taught Lil D to say "you drive me insane" although he just says "me sane" LOL  Anyways, we have forgetten about it & this morning out of the blue, while hubby was getting him dressed he looks at hubby & says "me sane!" with a serious look on his face.  We burst out laughing!  It was so unexpected & cute!  Clearly hubby did something to irritate him LOL

Anyways, let me try find something to do...  think I should use this time to research my business idea for making allergy-free foods etc....

Have a blessed day!
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wowee, gorgeous pic!! Oh to be 18 again ;) Like you said we may never look exactly like that again, but you can definitely get to the best version of you now, which I am sure will look knock-your-socks-off-amazing!

    Well done to Declan on the potty training, it has to start somewhere. We bought Layla a toilet insert which is a seat with steps and handles because I would also prefer that she just gets used to the toilet from the start. But anyway it is very cute and cost R 300 at Game. Naturally she is terrified of it though lol.

    Lol @ "me sane" too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the exercise!! Munchkin also love to "ekersize" with me back when I was "ekersizing" :-D

    Wow on your 18th bday pic! Stunning ...

    I have made peace with the fact that I will never be a size 8 again ... but will try my damndest to at least get to a size 10!!

    Awesome news on the potty training progress ... let's hope lil' D gets the hang of things soon ... Munchkin still giving me poo hassles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 minutes is actually a good amount of time to exercise. If you do cardio for 20 minutes then you dont need to do anymore. You can do a little bit of strength/resistance training and you're good to go :o)

    I started running again now and am going to run a 5km next weekend.

    I was advised to aim for 8 minutes a KM, but managed a PB of 6 minutes 45. Including trying to navigate my way around cars with my female husky being super distracted. I have a special hip belt / human harness and I attach her to my waist and use her for resistance training.

    Really good exercise!

    All the best with your reaching your goal! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great with the eating and exercising, well done!

    Stunning piccie of u, sexy gal!

    Soooo cute @ "me sane" hehehe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete