Today is a sad day for the company we work for & all my fellow colleagues... Boss finally announced to the staff that we will be closing down the factory. I got the news yesterday. I knew it was inevitable & I was expecting it but it doesn't make it any easier. All of the guys that work here are the sole provider of a household bigger than 5 people... I could see the worry in their faces & my heart sank with sadness. Boss has tried to find them work elsewhere but there are still many who we can't help. I just pray they find something!
As for me... well I have mixed feelings about all of this. Yesterday my boss' dad (who has shares) blatently told me that I don't have enough work to justify my salary. WTF! He's never around to see or hear of all the work that I do! I was fuming mad when he said that. He then went on to say that I must either go half day for half the salary or leave. What a slap in my face! After all the stress, sleepless nights, strategies I've come up with to try save this, putting out "fires" where I can, dealing with angry suppliers & customers plus keeping all the books up to date for more than one company... my work load doesn't justify my salary! You damn right it justify! It's too little! But never have I complained to them or demanded more... Maybe being loyal & trustworthy just doesn't count anymore...
Anyways, boss came to me this morning & said he wants me to go to the other branch & still be full-time because he needs me there. He says I mustn't pay attention to his father, but how can I not?
Earlier this week I decided to put word out that I was looking for something else, but nothing came back to I guess I have no choice but to stick around. Part of me wants to stay & the other part wants to leave... mixed feelings! But I won't do anything drastic & as always I'm putting my trust in the Lord because only He can lead me to where I need to be...
Other news... Lil D's school closed down for this week. Serious outbreak of the Coxsackie virus & they needed a few days to disinfect EVERYTHING. So Lil D has been with me at work & boy has it been a challenge, especially being month-end. But it's nice having him around. He is so well behaved :-) And the little unexpected hugs & kisses I get throughout the day just help me cope with all the stress. Thankfully he hasn't shown any symptoms of contracting the virus yet, so he'll be back at school on Monday. I'll miss him!
Not much planned for the weekend. Hubby's company who shared my company's premises are moving so he'll be helping them. I'm quite keen on staying home & just relaxing... Let's hope that happens.
Hope you all have a fab weekend!
xxx
Ah no, sorry about work. I would have given the 'big boss' what for if I had been you, what a 'insert very rude word here'. That said I do believe there is something great in the pipelines for you, its just a matter of timing. God only wants great things for you!
ReplyDeleteHectic about that virus, at least they are doing their best to keep the kiddies healthy.
Ag no man, sorry to hear about the work situation. Carry on looking, something will come up. I've been hear 16 years and also feel like loyalty & hard work mean squat
ReplyDeleteSjoe on LilD's school closing, hectic.