My precious Poekoenoes,
I know that Mommy always asks you this, but do you know
how much Mommy and Daddy love you? Words
cannot describe the amount of unconditional love that we have for you!
You are such a big boy.
You’ve been sleeping in your own bed for more than a week now without protesting
& you’ve been sleeping through too!
You have become so independent… dressing yourself (although Mommy must
still help pull your tops over your head), trying to tie your shoe-laces,
brushing your own teeth, bathing yourself & even putting cream on!
It was your school concert this past Saturday (8 November
2014) & you were such a star! Mommy
was bursting with pride! You knew all
the words to all those “Rock n Roll” songs like a pro & you never forgot
any of the dance moves. I was blown
away! Not to mention how popular you are
with all the other kids & their parents.
And I was totally unaware of your popularity because you are not
boastful!
I love the little chats we have :-) I love hearing about all your fascinating
stories that you make up with your toys.
You are always so aware of how each character feels. I love how we pretend to invite Batman &
Superman to have dinner with us. And I
love making you laugh by being silly & pretending to be Captain America
jumping off a tall building (bed) LOL.
You are so pedantic about things. Everything in its place & a place for
everything. I love that about you
because I don’t want you to grow up being sloppy. Although Mommy still needs to remind you to
tidy up, which I don’t mind because you never protest. You are such a helpful boy!
You are also very stubborn & this causes many fights.
You are very set in your ways & you
will have to learn to be more flexible.
But never lose your individuality or independence!
I love getting unexpected hugs & kisses from
you. And you melt my heart every time
you tell me after school that you missed me.
You are always so sincere. If
Mommy could, I would spend every waking moment with you & Daddy!
I love how you are so caring to everyone around you
including animals. Although you do have
a nasty little streak in you when people start irritating you, but I suppose
that comes from me. We don’t like people over-stepping the boundaries
with us ;-)
Declan, you are such a special little boy! I can see that you are destined for great
things & you have the potential to do & become ANYTHING that you set
your heart on. You are a tiny package
filled with so much enthusiasm, attitude & love.
And as sad as I am that you are growing up so fast, I am
so proud of the boy that you are becoming.
May God’s light forever shine on your path & may you always keep
your feet on sturdy ground.
I love this song because it makes me think of you & everything
I want for you…
"One Republic
- I Lived"
Hope when you take
that jump
You don't fear the
fall
Hope when the
water rises
You build a wall
Hope when the
crowd screams out
They're screaming
your name
Hope if everybody
runs
You choose to stay
Hope that you fall
in love
And it hurts so
bad
The only way you
can know
Is give it all you
have
And I hope that
you don't suffer
But take the pain
Hope when the
moment comes
You'll say...
I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every
second
That this world
could give
I saw so many
places
The things that I
did
Yeah, with every
broken bone
I swear I lived
Hope that you
spend your days
But they all add
up
And when that sun
goes down
Hope you raise
your cup
I wish that I
could witness
All your joy and
all your pain
But until my
moment comes
I'll say...
I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every
second
That this world
could give
I saw so many
places
The things that I
did
Yeah, with every
broken bone
I swear I lived
Whoa
Whoa
Whoa
Oh
Oh
Yeah, with every
broken bone
I swear I lived
Yeah, with every
broken bone
I swear I lived
I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every
second
That this world
could give
I saw so many
places
The things that I
did
Yeah, with every
broken bone
I swear I lived
Mommy loves you my Precious Poekoenoes!
xxxx
This is the most precious letter ever, please print it and keep it somewhere to be sure D gets this one day!!
ReplyDeleteSo very special.
I love that song too!
xx
Sweet, precious boy. Love the letter!
ReplyDeleteNow I need to go and listen to that song, don't think I've heard it before...
Just added your blog to my Blogger-reader's list and came to see how you guys are doing.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely letter to your boy - super special and I agree with Jess - print it out and keep it for him somewhere.
xx