And another month has passed by! I'm really struggling to
keep up lately...
So a quick update on the
"Reboot" V1D28:
This has to be THE toughest challenge I've
ever done LOL. The first week was really hectic, trying out new recipes
& keeping to the rules. Weekends are the worst! But I managed
without any cheats until this past weekend. We had a family get-together
& all that was on offer was lasagne, salad, trifle & ice-cream. I
was kinda forced into eating because I didn't want to seem rude &
ungrateful because they catered for us. But I had really small portions
& didn't indulge at all. I must say I did enjoy it though lol.
And it was then that I realised that I need to be kinder to myself.
Yes, this reboot doesn't allow for any cheats but I'm not doing this for
anyone else but me. And having a small cheat didn't kill me. In
fact, it was just the pick-me-up that I needed!
I've always been an emotional eater &
for the first time in years I managed to eat when my body needed me to.
Quite an accomplishment for me! And for this reason I didn't start
from day 1 again after the cheat. To me that's just silly & very
demotivating.
I have lost a few kilos but I'll post an
update on that after the 30days :-)
Hubby is really enjoying his new job. I am so happy for him! And his boss is proving to be a genuine nice
guy. Now if only I could be so lucky to
find a nice job with a nice boss….
Still no good news on the TTC front. But we not stressing just yet ;-)
Declan is doing great, except for a silly bout of flu that he’s
picked up. His school concert is in less
than 2 weeks & we cannot wait! They’ve
been practising since February so I’m sure it’s going to be awesome! The theme is Rock n Roll & we just love
hearing him sing all the golden oldies at home so I can just imagine how well
produced the concert will be.
I’m kinda at my wits ends with my mom & siblings. Long story short, but I’m just at that point
where I’m done trying to be the best daughter & older sister that I can be. I cannot keep up with my mom’s mood swings
& my siblings never bother speak to me unless they want something.
Hubby also says that Declan is not going to sleep by my mom again
because the last time she asked for him to sleep over & then the next day
she & boyfriend left at 7am to go shopping while my brothers had to look
after him. My brothers are 19 & 22 &
can’t even look after themselves!
And my mom thinks that if she buys Declan lots of cheap toys &
pirate dvds then he’ll love her. It
frustrates me totally! So no more
sleep-overs by granny (not that there were many to begin with).
Hubby & I never have date night because it’s always a struggle
to find someone to watch Declan. My
sister (26) isn’t bothered about being an aunty, my mom is too busy with poepol
boyfriend to care & hubby doesn’t have any siblings. I suppose I could ask friends to watch him
but then I’ll feel so guilty cause all my friends have kids of their own &
would probably also like some down-time.
Will have to think of something…
I’m really looking forward to the December break! Hopefully, if finances allow for it, we want
to visit some family in Jeffreys Bay or East London. But if not, we’ll be quite content just
relaxing at home & have a few day trips out. Either way, I just need a break from
work. Boss is really getting on my
nerves with his nastiness & bad moods EVERYDAY. Everyone walks on eggshells! Miserable idiot.
Oohh! Awesome product
alert!
I must share this with all my mommy readers!
Declan is regularly nebulised for this asthma & we have one of
those compressor nebulisers from Dis-chem.
It’s worked ok but never 100% effective.
It’s bulky, heavy, very noisy & takes for ever. But we recently got approved by our medical
aid to buy a new one because Declan uses it so often. So I shopped around and found this one:
It’s our hero!! The Laica
Mesh Sonic Nebuliser
It’s tiny as you can see, light, battery operated, SUPER silent
& most importantly SUPER fast! It
used to take us 30min+ to nebulise in the room because it’s too noisy in the
lounge, whereas now it takes 7min flat & because it’s so silent &
portable we can do it in the lounge while Declan watches tv. Whoop Whoop!
And the mist is very fine so it’s much more effective. I won’t lie; it’s not cheap but our medical
aid paid 70% so it was bearable. Definitely
an investment if your child has to nebs often.
Anyways, sorry for the ramblings lol…
Have a fab week everyone!
xxx

Well done on your reboot, you are almost done! It is so liberating to be able to eat and know when it is enough, and to me that is the whole point of reboot so mission accomplished! So proud of you!
ReplyDeleteVery happy to hear the hubby is enjoying his new job, being happy at work makes such a difference in life. I really hope you get to say the same soon.
Sorry about the family issues :(
Nice neubiliser (something I never thought I would say lol), if you use it that often then you should have the best and most efficient to make your lives a little easier.
Hope you get to go away in December, a nice relaxing holiday would be awesome!
Well done on the reboot! :-) I think your outlook on the whole thing is nice and balanced :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the family issues ... so disappointing when you can't trust or rely on family :-(
I cannot wait til December break as well. We don't have any plans to go away but we are still REALLY looking forward to just mooching about for and just relaxing with the kids ... and of course taking them out to fun places we don't usually go during the year :-)