I’m back!!! Hehe…
It’s been so long since I last posted an update that I’ve
forgotten how to write a blog post! LOL
I’ve managed to find some of the old blog community from
Parent24 & now follow their new sites but for those that I haven’t found
please send me your site! I miss keeping
up to date with everyone.
So…. What’s new
with me? Well, sadly, not much. Still not preggie :-( We are trying, but we not making an issue of
it just yet. We’ve both been under a lot
of stress lately which I’m assuming is the reason for the delay but we not
giving up. It will happen when the time
is right.
Hubby is smoking again.
Such a pity because he did so well in the beginning, but with all the
stress it was just an excuse to start again.
I’m not on his case about it because that just ends in a fight, so we’ll
take it as it comes. He STILL hasn’t
found a new job (yes, he’s been searching for a year now!) so hopefully when he
does he’ll feel more confident to quit.
Declan is doing very well. He’s thriving in his new school despite me
being called into the principal’s office 3 times this year. The principal is extremely strict & well
you know how boys are, always pushing the boundaries. Sometimes I feel she is overwhelmingly strict
but then I see how much Declan has benefited & learnt from her “rules”
& realise it’s for his own good. “Bend
the tree while it’s still young” they say…
It seems like he has grown up over night. He went for speech therapy for his language
& a slight word stutter, for a few months (until the medical aid ran out)
& it did him the world of good! I
love the conversations we have! He’s a
typical “know-it-all” 4 year old but I love seeing the world through his
eyes. He’s such a compassionate, gentle
soul but at the same time very strong willed & stubborn. I just love our afternoon time, when I fetch
him from school. He sits by me in the
kitchen while I cook supper & we’ll just chat & laugh until our tummies
hurt, while drinking hot chocolate :-) Some days when it’s not too cold, he’ll
play outside & draw in the sand & then call me every 2 minutes to see
his masterpiece LOL. Sometimes I’ll get
very irritated because I need to finish supper & I’m exhausted, but then I
have to remind myself that one day I’ll look back & wish I wasn’t so caught
up in routine that I missed the special little moments like that. Besides, I could do with the exercise of
running back & forth lol.
I was told that
this is a “heart with a shooting gun and sword” LOL Don’t ask me where cause I can only make out
a small heart but nothing else lol My little Picasso!
Sometimes I try to remember back to when he was a baby
& it’s so difficult! We look at
pictures & remember a few important moments but the rest is a blur. It’s like it went by so fast that my memory
didn’t have a chance to imprint on it.
So now I make a point of cherishing every day. I suppose it would help if I blog more often
to jot down those moments! Lol
As for me, well, I’m ok.
Work has it’s good days & it’s bad days. I just wish I could afford to work half
day! We don’t have a domestic worker
anymore so trying to juggle a full day at the office plus Declan & then
cooking, cleaning & hubby, it just gets too much some days. Hubby does help but he works long hours so by
the time he does come home I’ve done everything lol. But I am grateful that I have a home to clean
& a family to care for… I just need
to remind myself of that when I feel overwhelmed.
Seems I have to remind myself of a lot of things lately…
to keep me sane of course! LOL
Oh! 13 years ago
today, hubby & I started dating! Can’t
believe how quick time flies. Although
he drives me bonkers at the best of times, he really is my soul mate. I heard an elderly couple on the radio last
week who have been married for 70 years, and they said something that just
resonated with me… “We are joined by the soul”.
I love that! And it’s exactly how
I feel about my soul mate <3
Well, there is still so much going on in my head that I
wish I had time to jot down right now, but I better get back to work.
Feels good to be back :-)
Thanks for reading!
xxxx

Good to see you back in the blogging world.
ReplyDeleteThat drawings is very good if you ask me. He really is imaginative.
Good Luck with the ttc and hubby's job.
Aaah, good to catch up. Declan is so oulik. Liam waits for me to leave the room before calling me back again and again. It's painful, haha.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, they need structure and rules. I am completely hopeless in implementing both.
Hey, can you put a "follow this blog" button on somewhere so we get notification you have posted?
Welcome back! :-)
ReplyDeleteSo nice to catch up ...
I do hope hubby finds something soon. It really must be very stressful for you both.
Good luck with the TTC ...
Declan is such a cutie :-) You're right about trying to keep in mind that these stages last only a short time ... so we relaly shoudl make the most of it. Soon it will be tweens that are much too cool for mummy hugs and kisses and no more constant calls for mummy :-(
Yay so glad you are back! I think you found me if I remember correctly, my brain does not want to function these days! I have my weightloss blog here on Blogger, but my Life with Jamie and Shae blog is on Wordpress.
ReplyDeleteDeclan is just the cutest little boy; and yeah boys push boundaries, that's so true, I see it with Jamie
Lots of baby dust for the TTC'ing, hope you have your BFP really soon.