Friday 15 August 2014:
What a week! Declan has been fluish for 3 weeks now but he started
coughing about 2 weeks ago & usually a week’s dose of cortisone clears
it up, but not this time. I asked the school on Monday how his
coughing was & I was told that he didn’t cough at all. This school
really frustrates me. Funny though, when I fetched him he coughed in
front of the teacher & I just gave her the look. I guess I can’t
expect them to be as attentive as his previous school where there were
only 10 in his class. Now there’s 25! But still, they know he is
asthmatic & yet they keep “down playing” every concern I have. Treat
me like a paranoid parent. Yes I’m paranoid! My child has been
hospitalised for his asthma/chest complications 7 times in the 4 years
he’s been on this earth! Ggrrr!
Anyways, I took him to the doc on Tuesday & I’m glad I did. He has
croupe in his right lung & bronchitis in his left. Don’t ask me how.
But it explains why the cortisone didn’t help. When I phoned the
principal to tell her that he’s been booked off, all she could say was
I shouldn’t get too worked up. He’s only sick because we haven’t had
rain yet. Yes! Why didn’t I think of that! Gggrrrr! Regardless, if
we had left him for another 2 days he probably would’ve been admitted
again!
ANYWAYS… to put the cherry on top… I’m also sick.
I started with a silly cough on Saturday, which has quickly progressed
to respiratory tract infection. I had to go to the doc yesterday
because the paediatrician was concerned that I re-infect Declan. What
a mission! I also tried a new GP because I’m not happy with my usual
doc. She’s really nice & very thorough. She’s also testing my
thyroid levels again because my previous doc took me off the meds
which apparently you can’t do. Sigh… Apparently, once you have an
under-active thyroid like mine, then you will never be able to cure
it. You will have to be on meds for the rest of your life. And it
explains why it’s taking so long for me to fall preggie & all the
weight gain etc. She was very angry. But we’ll see what the test
results say this time.
So Declan & I have been booked off for the rest of the week. My boss
was not impressed. He’s such an idiot. I’m the only one in the
office who is married & has a child, so when I have to take off for
Declan then no one understands. Even though I’m also sick, & he heard
me on Monday with hardly any voice & coughing my lungs out, he just
doesn’t care. I sent him a message & he doesn’t even bother replying.
I don’t have the energy for self-centred pricks like him. Wish I
didn’t have to work!
I better go nebs Declan again. It must be done every 4 hours… I also
wish hubby could get off to look after us! It’s so difficult trying
to doctor your child when you feel like the walking dead yourself…
Bring on the weekend please!
Have a fab Friday & weekend everyone!
xxx
19 August 2014:
Back at work... bleh!
Although Declan & I were at home sick, we got to spend some much needed quality time together & now that I'm back behind this desk I really miss him! The never-ending plight of a working mom...
So, my blood test results came back. Seems my thyroid is fine but I'm iron deficient. Huh?! Ok well stressed for nothing then lol. But then what could be the reason for the delay in TTC? My medical aid is now depleted so I'm not going to go to the gynae now. Think I'll have to wait it out till January. One of those things...
Declan is getting better, which is good! I'm still not 100% but at least I feel human again lol.
Hubby had a really good interview last week & it sounds like they want to make him a offer this week. Praying really hard that this comes through! August is exactly 1 year that he's been looking for a new job... scary.
Well short & sweet for today. Hope everyone is well!
xxx
Ag no, sorry you guys have been sick. Nothing worse than having to be a nurse when all you want/need to do is rest yourself!
ReplyDeleteFlip, your boss is terrible, sorry man.
No advice RE the TTC delay. :-( Are you using a cycle tracker? Nice apps available, or else www.mymonthlycycle.com
Hugs!
xx
Shame man! Do hope you both feel much better really soon.
ReplyDeleteUgh on your insensitive boss!!! People without kids really don't understand when kids get sick ... sorry!
HUGE hugs ... hope things get better on all fronts really soon