Friday, 10 May 2013

Update... At last!!

So, the bosses are out for a few hours & I thought this is the perfect time to take a break & jot down my much-awaited update ;-)

We are doing well!  So much has happened since January that it's hard to remember everything LOL

I found a new job - YAYY!!  Very happy at the new job but still have a lot of office politics to deal with - nothing new I guess.  But at least the stress levels are more manageable here, however more the work is LOL.  Hubby's job is still going good, so we are so happy on the work front - for a change!

We moved into a house about a week ago!  Yip, a proper house with a huge garden :-D  We are still renting but it's only R1000 more than what we were paying for our little flat!  And now we have 3 bedrooms & a garden so BARGAIN!  We even got 2 gorgeous chow puppies as a birthday gift for Declan from friends of ours :-D

Meet 11 week old, Simba & Peaches!!


Our little teddy bears :-D


Update on my little monkey...
Declan is doing so well.  He turned 3 on the 13th of April - can't believe how time flies!  We are having so much fun with him at his age.  With both hubby & I being so busy at work, our quality time together is so precious & we cherish every moment.  Everday he learns something new & can't wait to show us or talk our ears off about it LOL. We potty trained him in December, which to my surprise was so easy!  He got the hang of it in 3 days & we never had the need for a night nappy!  So proud of him!
His allergies seem to be under control & we've introduced some of the food back into his diet with great success.  Takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. 
So blessed to be a mommy to such a precious little boy xxx


Gorgeous, isn't he? hehe xxx

As for me, well I'm good :-)  No more anti-depressants & no more work stress makes for a very happy ME!  I would however, be much more happier if my little man would sleep in his new room so I could get some quality sleep, but hopefully he'll warm up to it soon lol.  I also wouldn't mind losing this weight once and for all!  Bootcamp went VERY well but I injured myself too the point where I had to stop, not to mention the cost was a bit hectic.  But I'm planning on joining in on the Reboot Detox that everyone is raving about & coupled with a bit of home exercise (don't have nosey neighbours anymore!), I hope I'll be able to get back into shape before we look at trying for baby number 2 :-)
Hubby & I are doing very well, in & out of the bedroom LOL.  Don't ask how, but I think a change is as good as a holiday & that's all we needed to get back on track.  New job, new home, less stress!

So, all in all, we are doing well.  For once, there's not much to complain about!  Awesomeness!

I still need to make time to catch up on all your posts! *smack on my hand*

But for now, I hope all is well in blog land & that I haven't missed out on too much news lol

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
for Sunday, all you wonderful & beautiful mommies!! xx







2 comments:

  1. What a positive post, so glad to hear. Amazing how just a job change has influenced so many other aspects.
    Yay for the house with a garden. I must say we are totally spoilt owning our own house. And yippee on the woofies. I bet Declan loves them to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you again! Glad things are going so well with you and your family.
    Declan is as gorgeous as ever!

    Those puppies are super-cute! Love their names :-)

    Yay for new jobs, new houses, new puppies, potty-trained kiddies and a healthy bedroom!!! ;-)

    Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete