Tuesday, 8 January 2013

2013! This is my year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  All my special blog friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas & relaxing break :-)  May 2013 be your year to shine & grow in God & His plan He has for you!  How exciting!

I had a wonderful break :-)  We only went to the inlaws in Parys for 4 days over Christmas & the rest of the time we spent at home.  It was such a blessing to be able to spend such quality with my 2 favourite guys!

Hubby went back to work last Thursday & I'm back today.  Declan is back at school today too.  I'm sad to be back but eager to start the year.  I have faith that God will make this year, one to remember in a positive light, for all!

Good news!  Declan is potty trained!  I started last Thursday & what a disaster it turned out to be LOL  I didn't put any undies or pull-ups on him but rather let him walk around in a loose-fitting short. He peed all over & did a number 2 on the lounge floor.  I was ready to give up & say he could live in nappies for the rest of his life! LOL  But I decided to try once more on Friday & over-night he just started getting the idea!  He only made one "spill" on Friday & that was the last.  We also decided not to use night nappies because he wakes up dry. Yesterday was the first time we put undies on him (so cute!) & he did so well!  No mess & no spills!  Today he is at school with no nappies in the bag - only extra clothes & undies :-)  We are so proud of him!  And to top it off, we went to the mall over the weekend - no pull-ups & he never messed!  Used the big toilet like such a big boy that he is.  At home he prefers his potty but now & then he puts his seat on the big toilets & asks to pee in there - awesome!  He surprises me more every day :-)

Some other big news... well not that big! LOL  I joined Adventure Bootcamp for Women in my area!  Today was my second day & let me tell you, it's not for sissies! LOL  I have never been this sore & stiff after 2 days of exercising ever!  I signed up for the 5-day camp - what was I thinking?!  But it's fun & if I'm sore then it must be working, right?  I frikken hope so!!  I do the 05:30am - 06:30am class - hectic to get up at 4am, but hopefully the routine will kick in soon.  I'm also trying to control what I eat.  Smaller portions, regular meals/snacks during the day.  I'm not going to cut anything out of my diet but no more junk food & more veg & fruit.  Small changes make the big difference, right?  Lets hope so.  Well, the camp is 4 weeks long.  I will either sign up for another camp when this one is done or join a gym.  Bootcamp is expensive although you get discounts the more you join.  So we'll see.  If this doesn't work then nothing will! LOL

Me... I'm doing good.  The anti-depressant has definitely helped.  I'll probably stop using them at the end of the month cause then I've been on it for 3 months.  Seeing the doc later this month so we'll see what he says.  
I'm hoping I can get to a point where I work half day at my job.  This holiday made me realise how much I put into my work & how much it drains from me, so half day will be better.  I just can't do with half the salary so I need to think of something I can do to bring in some extra mula.  The baking is not going to work, I just don't have enough time for that :-(  Makes me sad, but call it for what it is & move on.  So back to the drawing board for me...
Hubby & I have decided that we'll try for baba number 2 this year... eeek!  No rush but it's something we need to plan.  BUT no trying until I've lost the weight I want to lose!  That's the ground rule.  No point falling preggers & gaining even more weight that what I already have - imagine how difficult it will be to lose that! So ja, that's the plan :-)  I'm excited about the thought but also worried.  It's a big step.  You all know the feelings...  Oh well, we'll take it as it comes!

Anyways, I need to catch up on all your updates!  How do you access the blogs from a Blackberry?  I'm still new at this LOL  

Hope you all have a fantastic week!
xxx


8 comments:

  1. You sound so positive and motivated! It's awesome!

    Great news on the trying for baby #2. I have a feeling lots of second babies will be in the works this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Very Happy 2013 to you! :)

    We were suppose to start thinking about baby #2 this year... maybe towards the END of the year or Next year.. lol :)
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so positive, I'm so glad to see you like this, it's great! Now don't feel bad if you do have an off day, but keep on working on just being your chirpy self. It took me a while to just get over the medication, but mainly also because I just stopped it cold turkey, which is bad, but I'm sure the doc can work something out for you.

    Oo baby number 2, I'm sure Declan will be super excited about that idea ;)

    You are going to have a great year with lots of wonderful opportunities and dreams coming true xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how happy you sound!
    Well done @ signing up for the boot camp, sounds hectic but amazing, you'll get great results, I know!
    Yay for potty training!
    I'm with u on wanting to try for baby #2 this year - in the second half of the year though, i think.
    All the best for 2013!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with the others! You sound great ... so positive and upbeat! :-)

    How awesome that Declan got the whole potty training thing down ... took me ages and ages and ages with Munchkin!

    Bootcamp is definitely not for sissies!!! Good luck ... I'm sure it will all be worth the effort!

    Baby no 2?? Good luck with that as well!! HOw exciting! DEclan will be an awesome big bro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep checking your blog for updates. I hope you are ok and that 2013 is such a good year you don't have time to blog. Pop me a mail if you want

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen!

      Sorry for being so quiet - I've been crazy hectic.
      Hope you are well?
      xxx

      Delete