Tuesday, 30 September 2014

New Month, New Start :-)

Sjoe, what a busy month September has been!  Can't believe we're 12 weeks away from Christmas!  Eeeck!

So tomorrow marks the start of 2 big things:

1.  Hubby starts his new job!  Whoo hoo!!
2.  I start my first Sleekgeek 30 day Reboot "Detox"!

I am so excited for my hubby :-)  I really hope this job will lift him up & appreciate him more than the last 2 that he's had.  He really deserves to be happy in his job.

I've been wanting to do this reboot detox for a long while now.  Everytime I think I'm ready, I back out at the last minute.  Shameful!  But this time feels different.  It's like something just clicked & my mind & body is ready to commit.  I feel good about it, excited yet anxious.  I tend to overthink these kinds of things lol.  But this time I'm also more prepared.  I've planned my meals for the next 3 weeks with shopping lists so there are no excuses.  I've also planned my meals according to my usual grocery purchases, only making changes to suit the reboot rules.  It was actually easier that I thought it would be :-)  
My scale broke (no, not because I'm so fat LOL!) so I'll have to weigh myself by my mom tonight to get my starting weight.  Haven't weighed myself in ages so I'm dreading it.  But this must be done!  Hubby took me clothing shopping on Saturday & I hated it!  So I'm really glad that I'm doing this now.  After what I saw in all those terrible change room mirrors, I'm more determined than ever!  

Declan was a bit sick over the weekend.  It was actually quite strange because he was fine on Friday & then Saturday morning at 02:45 he just puked everywhere - and he was in our bed.  What a mission.  He didn't have a fever or anything so I guessed it was something he ate.  But then on Saturday he had a terrible upset tummy.  And then he was ok on Sunday except when he had a taste of a Kiderjoy (after I told him not to eat it...) & then puked it out seconds later .  Still no fever.  Weird.  Shame but now he's afraid to eat so it's a mission but at least he's drinking lots of water & black rooibos tea.  Hopefully it will pass soon.  He had some cereal this morning which stayed down, so I'm glad.

Anyways, hope everyone has a awesome week!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oooh good luck with Reboot, it really works very well!!
    Here are my blog posts about when I did Reboot last year, you'll find some recipe and meal ideas! http://jessv83.blogspot.com/search/label/Reboot%20Challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!! Thank you! I will definitely be trying the choc mousse recipe :-)

      Delete
  2. Good luck for hubby's first day today! And ENJOY your reboot, it is difficult at times, but nothing a little bit of focus and determination can't get you through, and it already sounds like you have that covered ;) Rock it!! I can't wait to see your results at the end.

    I hope Declan is feeling better now, strange bugs coming out with the change of season!

    ReplyDelete