Clean house, grocery shopping, naps, movies, and having too much to eat! Pretty much sums up my weekend that was. I don’t have a domestic worker, but my old maid comes every 2nd Saturday to clean up a bit for me. Bless her! There’s nothing nicer than leaving the house in a completely messy state and returning to a clean, tidy home again J But the highlight of my weekend was spending quality time with my guys. Hubby and I are still treading the waters carefully & it almost feels like we’ve gone back to basics with our relationship, which is really great. Maybe this is just what we needed – the basics! Lil D will be spending the whole weekend with my mom this coming weekend (we haven’t had a break in months!) so I’m actually looking forward to spending quality time alone with hubby. We desperately need it! Hopefully we’ll catch the Dirty Dancing show at Monte Casino on Saturday – anyone been to see it yet?
Anyways, I’m bored silly at work. Not much to do since my work is up to date.
I’ve been spending a lot of time on my own little business idea – allergy-free baking & cooking. I’m so excited about it! There is quite a large market for it in my area so hopefully I can get my recipes sorted out & start spreading the word. I’ll also be incorporating normal baked cakes, biscuits, muffins etc just to broaden my customer base. I love baking so this is very exciting for me J Now, if only I had more time & money… Hmm… any ideas for a name??
Our landlord has let us know that he’ll either be increasing our rent from January or he will sell the place should we not want to accept the increase. We’ve been lucky to pay very minimal on our humble little flat, & even with the increase we won’t find anything as cheap as this, but I’ve been thinking that maybe hubby & I should try buy the place… It’s not the best but it’s in a good area & he’ll be selling it at under R500k I’m sure, so why not? With a few renovations (kitchen & bathroom mainly) we can really jazz up the place. We’ve been very happy to stay there despite the creepy neighbors & small space, but it would be an investment until we can afford a bigger house. We’ll see…
Weighty issues AGAIN… well they never really go away… With everything that’s been going on, I just keep falling off the wagon. I’m so disappointed in myself. I desperately want to lose the weight & tone up but it just never seems to happen! I give up…
Bleh!
Enough of all of that… let me find something to keep me looking busy before I lose my head…
Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
xxx
Glad to hear you & hubby are working through things. Perhaps the time alone will do you wonders.
ReplyDeleteWhat about "Blessed Baking" taken from your blog title and then the fact that you are baking? Ag, use it, don't use it :-)
We are on week 4 of our diet and feeling great. It's just a matter of time before we see the results.
Hugs