Monday, 19 November 2012

Gatvol!

Exhausted...  Frustrated...  Irritated...  GATVOL!
That's how I feel today.

I tried a few recipes last night & they all flopped!  Thanks to a stupid 50 year old oven that doesn't work!  There goes my business idea down the toilet!  :-(

I could just cry!

I hate my job...  Before I was able to put up with it because we need the money but it's becoming increasingly difficult to be here.  And now that my business idea isn't happening, I feel even more dispondent.  This place is going to be the end of me if I don't get out soon...  but where do I go, what do I do?  I've sent my cv out & nothing came of it!  My business idea flopped!  So now I'm stuck here...  Lord, please give me strength!

I'm exhausted...  If I get 2 hours of continuous sleep then I'm really lucky.  Lil D is still sleeping in our bed & my body is really feeling the brunt of his restless kicking, slapping & head-butting.  Besides that, I can't sleep anyways.  My mind just doesn't shut down!  The doc said that the anti-depressant would help with the sleeping but I'm not feeling it.  Worst of all is that my blodd tests came back normal!  WTH?  Last year I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) & aneamia (iron deficiency).  I was on treatment for a few months & then stopped because I felt no different.  The doc did the blood tests again 2 weeks ago saying that because I've been off treatment for a while that the issues should present themselves again.  But the results came back normal.  Now I'm confused!  Grrrr!  I'm going for a follow-up appointment later this week regarding the anti-depressant so hopefully he'll be able to shed more light on the test results.  So frustrating!

Hubby has been so supportive & loving towards me...  despite everything I am truly blessed.  If only things would just start working out for a change... 
Maybe I just need a break.  Time-out for ME without feeling guilty about it.  But that's wishful thinking.
Maybe it's just that end-of-year thing...  If it is then I pray next year will be better!

We are only closing between Christmas & New Year so no rest to look forward to for me.  In fact, I'll be left alone for most of December because although boss just came back from a week's holiday in Mozambique 2 weeks ago, they will be going again for 3 weeks in December!  Nice to be everyone's doormat...  I'm so sick of it! 

Anyways, enough moaning & groaning for one day.  So sorry for the negative post...

6 comments:

  1. Hugs T. Keep trying for that other job, and if you have customers/suppliers, etc, send your CV to them also. They should know what you're all about having worked with you before. In cases like this, being loyal to your employers doesn't count in your favour and don't you dare feel badly about looking for another job. They don't feel badly about your unhappiness.
    Have a day off work and have some me time. Everyone needs it, take Lil'D to school, hubby to work and just be by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are having it so tough, hope that the light finds you again and shines away all these little nasties :( Things have to change somehow or another, and every uphill will have a downhill. Sending you lots of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont let a few flopped recipes get you down! If only you knew how many flops I have had to deal with so far. Send me your recipes and let me see if I can help.

    And then in the new year, take some time off, at least 3 days where its for you and only you to sleep, watch tv, go for a walk, anything, so long as it doesnt involve responsibility. Oh and no feeling guilty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rox!
      I also thought it was the recipes, but it's not. I tried baking my flop-proof cupcakes (which I've been baking for years) and even that flopped. It can only be the stupid stove/oven. Hubby says when we got money again he'll get someone out to fix it.
      What gets to me most about flops is the waste. The ingredients for allergy-free baking is so expensive and hard to find that I almost feel like it's not worth trying in case of more flops. But we'll see. Thanks for the offer though, I really appreciate it!
      I wish I had enough leave days to take for myself, but unfortunately with Declan being so sick so often all my days have been used up. I'm actually in a negative LOL The joys...
      xxx

      Delete